Tuesday, September 11, 2018

You Couldn't Make This Up #2


Last night when I got home from the September meeting of the Peninsula Garden Club, I noticed something strange under a tree near the sidewalk but since it was dark I thought I'd get a better look at it in the morning. The evening's guest speaker, Sharon Hope of the Friends of North Saanich Parks, gave an interesting presentation about invasive species. Some of the worst offenders in this neck of the woods are English Ivy, English Holly, Himalayan Blackberry, Scotch Broom and Morning Glory. Inspired by the talk, I spend about an hour this morning weeding my back garden and pulled out a lot of the latter. Then I remembered the "invasive species" I'd noticed out front the night before. Turns out it's a bird-feeder, pictured here. I have no idea where it came from so I've just left it there for the time being. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment