Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Miniature World



Miniature World is one of Victoria's oldest (46 years) and best known attractions. I buy my ticket ($16.80 including tax) and tell myself not to expect anything that rivals Hamburg's Miniatur Wunderland.

I am pleasantly surprised by the number (85) and variety of the displays. Different sections are to different scales but that does not detract from the overall effect. Scenes retell the building of the railway in Canada, important historical battles, Arthurian legends, Charles Dickens' novels and classic fairy tales. Some aim for accuracy, others are pure kitsch. I take my time strolling through, activating trains and features by pressing buttons and marveling at minute detail.

Before I know it, nearly two hours have gone by and I'm ready for some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment