Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Roost Vineyard Bistro and Farmhouse Bakery

We cycle out to the Roost for hubby's birthday lunch. I'm proud of myself as I conquer a fair sized hill in second gear. No Polkadot Jersey yet though. En route we stop to pick blackberries which grow so abundantly in the area, people consider them as garden pests.


The Roost offers two options, table service and full menu in the bistro and counter service for baked goods and drinks. We chose the former and are quickly seated. I ask for cranberry juice but the server comes back and says they won't have any for a few minutes, I ask for water instead (their loss). Hubby channels Rick Nelson and chooses the "Garden Party" pizza that comes topped with tomato sauce, mixed mushrooms caramelized onion, roasted garlic, mozzarella, Edam and fresh dill, $17.25. I order the soup & salad combo picking lentil tomato soup, spinach & berry salad and Russian Rye bread, $9.75. Everything is fresh, tasty and well presented. Total including tax and tip $32.60. Recommended.



The Roost Vineyard Bistro and Farmhouse Bakery
9100 East Saanich Road, North Saanich, BC
Open daily from 7 am - 8 pm

PS: Blackberry & Apple crisp with plain yogurt I made with the berries we picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment