Friday, August 17, 2018

Victoria Lavender Farm

After reading in the local paper that Kent, UK native Alan Mayfield will be scaling back operations at Victoria Lavender Farm, we decide to pay a visit. The farm will be closed to the public after this weekend's North Saanich Flavour Trails Festival, however, the shop on Beacon Ave in Sidney will remain open.

The farm is also home to a herd of Nigerian Dwarf Goats, peacocks (regular and white), ornamental pheasants, and a number of dogs. I have to admit that the idea of participating in "Goat Yoga", a regular activity here,  does not appeal to me personally.

While hubby & Alan get into car talk, I choose three lavender plants, which have been discounted by 25 %, for my garden. Unable to decide which gourmet product to try, I opt for the sample pack which has four 60ml sized jars:  Lavender Raspberry Jam, Lavender Honey, Marmalade, Jelly.



Read the newspaper article here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment