Tuesday, August 21, 2018

North Saanich Flavour Trails Festival: Part 1

Hubby was away at a vintage car racing event in Mission BC so I decided to check out a few stops on the NSFTF on my Brompton bicycle, Ruby.

Snowdon House Gourmet Gifts
1890 Mills Rd, North Saanich, V8L 5S9

I purchase some Blueberry Cinnamon Fruit Infusion Vinegar and Douglas Fir Infused Vinegar at promotional prices and order a
yam & lentil wrap and a bottle of lemon verbena water for lunch. I have to remind myself that I'm not in the big city anymore when service is a bit lackadaisical. While waiting for my food to appear, I get chatting with a family from the US and enjoy watching the antics of the free-range chickens.

The Fickle Fig Farm Market
1780 Mills Rd, North Saanich, V8L 5S9

There's something about the internal layout of this place that I find discombobulating so I grab a Salted Caramel Brownie, $4 to take home and head back out on my bike.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church
1319 Mills Rd, North Saanich, V8L 5T2

The brochure promises complimentary tea/coffee, scones with local berry preserve and cream starting at 2 pm. While waiting for the church hall to open,  I get chatting with a charming group of local women who invite me to sit with them. After this delicious treat,  we proceed outside at 3 pm for a guided tour of the historic cemetery which highlights founding families, local business people and well-loved characters. I finish off a very interesting afternoon with a look at the interior of Holy Trinity Church which was consecrated in 1885.



No comments:

Post a Comment