Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Adult Summer Reading Program




Over the past few weeks, I've been working on the Vancouver Island Regional Library's  (VIRL) Adult Summer Reading Challenge. I've very much enjoyed exploring their online resources including graphic novels, sound recordings, audio books and films. I chose to focus my reading on Singapore and Malaysia as I'm hoping to visit that part of the world in the coming years.

By yesterday's deadline, I had completed all 16 challenges and presented my "passport" at my branch. The librarian stamped my form and gave me 16 draw ballots to fill out. That evening I got a phone call congratulating me on being this week's winner and we quickly dashed over to pick up my prize package seen here. I have also been entered in the system-wide grade prize draw. Fingers crossed!




Prize pack includes VIRL mug, pen, pencil, tote bag, orca keychain, button and a gift card for local coffee shop Alexander's.

1 comment:

  1. On Thursday 23 August I got a call from the library to let me know that I had won the branch's main prize, a gift certificate for Tanner's Books, a splendid shop here in Sidney.

    ReplyDelete